Babylon Lodge is one of the fastest-growing hotels in Marangu and in preparation for the next season we are looking for a diligent, pro-active, energetic chef to join our team
Job Title: Chef
Report: Hotel Manager
Job Location: Marangu
Position Type: Full Time
Job Shift: Day/Night
Experience & Skills required include
- Professional training as Chef with certificates in high-level cooking and food hygiene
- Wide and varied cooking experience
- High standard of running a busy kitchen, including stock control, food hygiene, waste management, and staff liaison
- Passionate about producing quality dishes and menu planning
- Ability to speak English/Swahili and happy to liaise with guests
- Team player; works well with others
- Happy to work in a remote location like Marangu
Detail of job to be performed:
- Have knowledge on how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Ability to do costing of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards. Monitor sanitation practices according to standards and. regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions. Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data
- To ensure the cooking and serving of all meals to guests and management whilst on duty or any invited guests authorized by management.
- To ensure your involvement in any changes or alterations in the menu, based on the lack of supply or unavailability of ingredients.
- Understand dietary requirements for guests and ensure the meals are prepared according to the clients’ needs
- To regularly clean all kitchen shelves, crockery, and cutlery, as well as ovens and equipment when occupancies allow.
- To ensure the correct issuing of quantities and quality of products based on the menu matrix for meals on a daily basis.
- To maintain a consistent level of cooking during daily cooking duties and ensure quality guidelines are maintained in accordance with the number of guests and management
- To maintain the correct separation of waste and to ensure that the waste is correctly disposed
- To maintain high personal hygiene levels to ensure that food is not contaminated whilst in the process of preparing, dishing and plating.
- To complete tasks assigned to you by the manager, and to ensure that all food produced is of the standard expected by yourself and the management, as well as the guests consuming the food prepared.
- To adhere to, learn and practice any new methods of cooking, recipes for dishes that are on the menu.
- To ensure the security of stock taken once issued from the main stores to be used for the day.
- To maintain and use correctly all assets associated with the position of chef including but not limited to ovens, gas cylinders, blenders, fridges and freezers, cutlery and crockery, as well as basins, taps and water supply in the kitchen.
- To ensure a clean and sanitary kitchen is maintained on a daily basis.
- Report to the Management any maintenance issues that need to be addressed during the course of your duties that might hinder you from carrying out your duties.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as deemed fit by the management.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us only Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you include valid referee’s contact details both email & direct phone contact. Also, state your salary expectations (give a specific figure) in your cover letter. The subject of your email should read CHEF
Late applications with incorrect email subjects or without a specific figure stating the applicant’s salary expectations will not be evaluated. If you do not hear from us please accept that your application did not meet our requirements.
WE DO NOT CHARGE ANYTHING TO OUR JOB SEEKERS. IF CALLED SUPPOSEDLY BY ANYONE ASKING FOR MONEY FOR SERVICES, PLEASE KNOW THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS.