Tanzania Federation of Co-operatives Ltd; is the national cooperative Umbrella Organization that promotes, serves and coordinates the work of cooperative societies in mainland Tanzania. (Cooperatives are voluntary organizations, open to all persons able to use their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, racial, political or religious discrimination. ICA Statement of Identity, 1995). TFC was registered on 8th December, 1994 with Registration Number 5503.
It was incorporated under section 45 of the Co-operative Societies Act. No. 15 of 1991. It has mandate to unite and promote the prosperity of all registered co-operative societies in Tanzania mainland. T FC replaced the then Cooperative union of Tanzania (CUT) following the adoption of the new policy and enactment of the cooperative Act in 1991 which rescinded the political association of the cooperative movement as a mass organization of the ruling part by then. Therefore, since the Cooperative Act of 1991 stressed on promoting autonomy of Co-operatives and member empowerment, there was a need to have an independent cooperative body, as a result T FC was formed.
Since its establishment TFC has participated in different ways in uniting co-operative societies in the country, thus creating a prosperous environment for them to operate on the basis of Cooperative Principles. T FC has promoted member empowerment and ownership in cooperative societies for the mutual benefits of Co-operators and the Country at large T FC is an autonomous, non- governmental and non- partisan body that is member owned and managed in the spirit of internationally recognized co-operative principles and values.
This notice is issued to announce that we are currently accepting applications for the position of:
Appointed by Board
Reports to Executive Secretary
Mode of employment : Two years contract Remuneration : TFCG 8-9
|Major||Overall in charge of the day to day affairs of the accounts department.|
- Plan and organize departmental activities and promptly submit periodic financial and administrative reports including cash flows projection.
- Ensure proper accounting and control of capital and revenue expenditure.
- Maintain staff welfare and develop effective personnel management services.
- Review financial budget and cash flow projections Facilitate auditing of books of accounts by the internal and external auditors..
Holder of a degree in Accountancy, finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution and holder of CPA (T) or its equivalent. Must be registered with NBAA in the category of authorized Accountant. Diploma in Cooperative Management will be an added advantage.
- Computer knowledge of spread sheet and data Base Microsoft. (ii) High integrity with administrative and managerial level for a period of Five (5) years out of which three years should be in Accounting Finance or Management.
Application dead line: 03 March, 2020