The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of Swiss TPH provides policy advice, project design and management in the area of national and global health with the aim to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery. To support the Project Team Leader in the third exit phase of a large health project, the “Health Promotion and System Strengthening Project” (HPSS) in Tanzania, we are seeking a
Chief Finance and Administration Officer Tanzania (100%)
The successful candidate will be responsible for financial and administrative project management in support of the Project Director and Local Team Leader with the following responsibilities:
· Ensure compliance to rules and guidelines related to financial and administrative project management for all staff of the HPSS project
· Ensure compliance with the internal control and audit system which allows early detection of irregularities
· Line management of financial and administrative staff members
· Supervise financial management, procurement, assets management including vehicles, and IT systems, and human resource management
· Establish budgets and budget control
· Implement financial and administrative procedures related to project closing at end of current exit phase
· Ensure regular reporting as per defined reporting formats
Required qualifications and experiences:
· 5 to 7 year experience in financial management / project controlling, thereof at least 3 years audit experience with a reputable audit firm
· Working experience in international development co-operation with assignments in international duty stations
· Degree and certification in Finance and Administration / Auditing or other related field. MBA and / or Master’s degree preferred.
· Adequate physical and mental health and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a demanding working and physical environment (sub-Saharan Africa)
· Experience in working in different cultural settings, with respect and diplomacy
· Excellent English skills, both written and oral
· Willingness to live and work in Dodoma (national capital in central Tanzania) and travel to project regions and other parts of the countries as required is a must
· At least 5 years working experience in development project management or project auditing in Africa, especially East Africa, is desirable
The position is based in Dodoma, but involves frequent travel to Dar es Salaam. It may include occasional travels to Basel, Switzerland. The HPSS project is a large cooperation project of the governments of Switzerland and Tanzania. It supports the Tanzanian government authorities in the fields of health promotion, strengthening of rural health insurance, medicine management and health technology management in the regions and at national level.
The successful candidate will be mid-career and have the experience and skills to ensure successful project implementation of the EXIT Phase Three of the HPSS (01.11.2019 – 31.10.2023). The successful candidate will become part of a multidisciplinary team which is organised in a participatory management structure. The project is set in a stimulating environment with close cooperation with many relevant authorities of the Government of Tanzania and also with various international and local development partners operating in Tanzania in health and related sectors. The candidate will report to the Project Director based in Basel, Switzerland, and work closely with the local Project Manager. The position is open as of 1 October 2021.
Swiss TPH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Start Date: 1 October 2021
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
Duration: until 31 October 2023
Travel Required? Yes, within Tanzania and on occasions to Switzerland
How to apply
If you are interested, please submit your application online via the link provided below, in English with:
· Motivational letter
· Relevant certificates and diploma
· Salary expectation
· Names and contact information (email or phone) of 3 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
Please submit your full application by 21 July 2021.
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam