|DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
|Chief of Party – Tanzania Future Entrepreneurs and Leaders Activity
DAI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the Tanzania Future Entrepreneurs and Leaders (FUEL) Activity. The purpose of FUEL is to use positive youth development approaches to empower rural Tanzanian youth and educate them on viable business options for rural economies, highlighting the income-generating potential across agricultural and other rural value chains and facilitating access to information, skills, and opportunities to ensure successful business start-ups and sustained employment.
Based in Iringa, Tanzania, the COP provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise to the program, and serves as the primary liaison with USAID/Tanzania on management and technical matters. The COP will provide strategic leadership to design and lead efforts to integrate push-pull activities for the project.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire program to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of FUEL objectives;
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and suggest appropriate program adjustments;
- Serve as primary liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners, program stakeholders, private sector entities, and DAI home office management on all program-related matters;
- Responsible for annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets;
- Submit timely, high quality project deliverables to USAID and DAI;
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel;
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures.
- At least 10 years of international development work experience (the bulk of which should be within developing countries) with increasing responsibility;
- Experience managing programs in Tanzania or similar development contexts; USAID-related management experience is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in rural economic development, particularly with experience designing and leading strategies that integrate youth into rural value chains and sustainable employment;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging and complex projects that engage a variety of stakeholders;
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts and local organizations;
- Solid and persuasive, interpersonal and communication skills desired; and
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic field.
ALL JOBS HERE