JOB TITLE: Chief Security Officer
DIRECTORATE: Marketing, Public Relation, Safety & Security
REPORTING LEVEL: EC/DIRECTORS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POST
- Drafting company’s security policy and its regulation
- Reviewing guidelines from TRA (Tanzania Revenue Authority), TASAC (Tanzania Shipping Agencies Corporation), SUMATRA (Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority), TPA (Tanzania Ports Authority) and any other regulatory authorities, ensuring that its practical adherence is of benefit to the company.
- Reviewing company’s haulage operation policy and implementing appropriate security controls for all goods in and out of PMMICD.
- Establishing security controls for properties owned by clients and employees, in the yards and office premises.
- Effectively manage security personnel, ensuring that goals and responsibilities are met to highest professional standards
- Maintain communication with other security agencies
- Ensure the organization compliances with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards as per best operations standards
- Complete security reports by recording observation, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witness; obtain signatures
- Carrying out such other duties as may be allocated by management
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- As a senior officer in the company, the Chief Security Officer job should possess over ten years of industry experiences
- a qualification of diploma degree in one of the following fields; diploma in LLB or Military training for police and TPDF Education
- Self-motivated with the ability and maturity to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Proven track record of open and non-open source intelligence gathering, including strong use of commercial databases and Internet research.
- Demonstrated examples of innovation or continuous improvement in the intelligence or corporate security and investigative services area.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have knowledge of the regulation concerning port security activities, transportation, security incidents, criminal activity (especially applied to port security operation), emergency response and national incident management system.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including email address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of academic and professional certificates, a copy of a nation ID or passport showing date of birth, two recent passport size and names and contact of three referees should be submitted by 10th August, 2018 to
The Human Resource Officer
PMM Estates (2001) Ltd
Nyerere road, next to CFAO Motors
P.0 BOX 33790 Dar es salaam
Email: [email protected]