Dar es Salaam Development Corporation has vacant positions which need to be filled immediately by a suitable qualified Tanzanians.
Civil Engineer – 1 post
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in undertking Company’s civil/building engineering works such as structural designs, calculations and drawing detailing, site supervision of building, and any other civil/building works
- Develop, maintain and co-ordinate construction and maintenance plans for civil/building works undertaken by the company.
- Prepare technical standards and specifications for the design of civil and building works undertaken by the company to ensure the highest standards are maintained in executed works, taking particular note of the company’s engineering instructions.
- Superivise and monitor civil and building projects assgned, including the preparation of regular project performance/accomplishement reports.
- Enhance safety matters in the section to ensure safety to employees, customers and equipment at work sites.
- Review/scanning by cheking at structural and archtectural drawings if they tally with quantities (BOQ) and other managerial responsibilities.
Experience and Skills Required
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Structural and/or buildings) or equivalent from any recognized higher learning institution/collages.
- Must be registered by Professional Board (ERB) with atleast 3 years experience after registration.
- Must have an experience of not less than 12 years in the similar works
- Must have an experience of supervising construction of multi-story buildings
- Must be above 40 years of age.
- Electrical Maintenance Technician (1 post)
Electrical maintenance technician performs regular maintenance on existing systems and design to ensure they remain in proper working order.
Direct Entry Qualifications
Must be a holder of diploma, or certificate program or full Technician Certificate (FTC) or equivalent qualifications in the relevant field from a recognized institution; Having a high level of mental and physical aptitude; Taking specialized courses in residential and commercial wiring practices and having a strong working knowledge of national electrical codes and safety measures; Basic computer skills; Working experience of at least three years in relevant field from a reputable organization will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares.
- Preparing and supervising the implementation of preventive maintenance schedule for the section and advise accordingly;
- Keeping and updating technical reports, drawings and other documents;
- Conducting daily inspection of DDC’s buildings;
- Performs other work related duties as assigned;
- Must be able to work flexible hours; and
- To prepare periodic reports on the status of electrical systems management in the Corporation.
Short-listed applicants will meet all their costs associated with interview attendance and will be required to produce their original certificates at the interview.
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under mentioned address not later than two weeks from the 1 st day of this advertisement.
The General Manager,
Dar es Salaam Development Corporation,
Dar es Salaam
Applications must be enclosed with update detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), names of three referees, and one recent passport size, certified copies of all relevant academic, professional certificates copies, and birth certificates. Attractive remuneration will be given to a successful applicant. Application letters can be written in Kiswahili/English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.