JOB ADVERT – CIVIL ENGINEER (01 VACANCY)
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Social and Environment Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Ensure that capital projects are implemented as planned and designed in accordance with the strategic plan, master plan and design standards.
- Provide day to day oversight of all physical and capital planning activities Advise on maintenance/repair alternatives and methods including necessary drawings, technical specifications, bills of quantities (BOQ) and cost estimates.
- To design, supervise and coordinate all building works for roads, bridges and building in Bulyanhulu in areas.
- To inspect construction of roads, buildings, culverts and bridges and gives detailed reports.
- To follow up implementations of laws and principal that governs buildings and roads construction.
- Preparing and implement project plans.
- To conduct site inspection and prepare site progress reports.
- Perform any other duties assign by his/her supervisor.
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized Institution and
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
Skills / knowledge requirements:
- Strong analytical and critical skills with high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- Excellent time management skills and meet project deadline.
Experience and competencies needed:
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a Civil Engineer role within the road construction industry
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.