Dar es Salaam Development Corporation has vacant position which needs to be filled immediately by a suitably qualified Tanzanian.
Civil Engineer – 1 post
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in undertaking Company’s civil/building engineering works such as structural designs, calculations and drawing detailing, site supervision of building, and any other civil/building works.
- Develop, maintain and co-ordinate construction and maintenance plans for civil/ building works undertaken by the company.
- Prepare technical standards and specifications for the design of civil and building works undertaken by the company to ensure the highest standards are maintained in executed works, taking particular note of the company’s engineering instructions.
- Supervise and monitor civil and building projects assigned, including the preparation of regular project performance/accomplishment reports.
- Enhance safety matters in the section to ensure safety to employees, customers and equipment at work sites.
- Review/scanning by checking at structural and architectural drawings if they tally with quantities (BOQ) and other managerial responsibilities
- Experience and Skills Required
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Structural and/or buildings) or equivalent from any recognized higher learning institution/colleges.
- Must be registered by Professional Board.
- Must have an experience of not less than 5 years in the similar works.
- Must have an experience of supervising construction of multi-story buildings
- Must be below 45 years of age.
General Conditions or Information
Short-listed applicants will meet all their costs associated with interview attendance and will be required to produce their original certificates at the interview.
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under mentioned address not later than 31 day of July 2019.
The General Manager,
Dar es Salaam Development Corporation,
Dar es Salaam.
Applications must be enclosed with up-to-date detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), names of three referees, and one recent passport size, certified copies of all relevant academic, professional certificates, and birth certificates. Attractive remuneration will be given to a successful applicant. I Application letters can be written in Kiswahili/English. Only short-listed candidates will be : contacted.