CIVIL ENGINEER VACANCY POST
Responsibilities: As a CIVIL ENGINEER, you’ll need to:
- Act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for craftspeople and operatives that will set out, level and survey the site but not limited to check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials by ensuring that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client and/or consultant and resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress and prepare reports as required
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any craftsman.
- Plan the work and efficiently organize the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines without jeopardizing the quality, health and safety matters on site
Qualifications and Experiences
- A BSc or higher degree in Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 5year site/ field experience in the water and building sector and registered with ERB.
- Communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, such as construction managers, quantity surveyors, architects, designers, other engineers
- Organizational, Project-management skills and a methodical approach to work, along with strong teamworking skills and knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Accuracy and attention to details
HOW TO APPLY
Potential candidates, who meet the aforementioned requirements for the position, are advised to send their application letters with a detailed CV, copies of certified relevant certificates and contact details of three referees by Email to:
P.O. Box 72374, DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]
Closing dated for receipt of applications is Wednesday 4th May, 2022.