Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited (ZCL) is a multi-million-dollar international logistics Company operating a regional and global business. The Company recently changed its name to reflect the organization’s new mandate and new vision as per recently approved Strategic Plan for the next five years, i.e. 2016 to 2021,
The Company was established in April 2001, ZCL is a wholly owned state enterprise of the Government of the Republic of Zambia, supervised by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) based in Lusaka. The Company’s current corporate Head Office and its main operations centre, Mukuba Depot, is located in Kurasini area, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania next to the Dockyard, ZCL recently incorporated a company in Zambia and current office is based in Ndola.
Hitherto, the Company has been handling mainly mineral cargo, especially copper, but over the years the Company has diversified its revenue base to include agricultural related cargo and other general cargo, For a more comprehensive view of the Company, kindly visit the Zambia Cargo & Logistics website at www.zamcargo.co.tz.
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified people to fill the position as stated below:
CLEARING AND FORWARDING CONTROLLER
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
Coordinate the movement of cargo from origin to foreign destination including the logistics of moving the cargo itself; the creation of documents to facilitate the movement; Dealing with the customer service requirements of the shipper or their agent; Coordinate the smooth flow of works/activities of the various sections of the C&F, by managing information, documents, records and registers used in C&F unit; Being the interface between C&F and other departments of the company; Responsible for the safe custody of all documents, records, registers, and other correspondences in Clearing and Forwarding S; Customer service,
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the activities of all the sections in Container Freight Station (CFS), through information flow
- Assist Operations Manager in receiving correspondence from clients and other stake holders;
- Writing up of all interchanges, Invoice Advice, and other CFS Documents, and ensure the same are circulated to relevant offices/Staff, timely, for onward action;
- Scrutinizing all delivery documents for proof of delivery (POD), when ZCL trucks, including hired trucks, have been used in the delivery of cargo to the port or other destinations, for successful delivery;
- Organizing required resources for execution of the Clearing and Forwarding tasks
- Producing daily, weekly, and monthly Operations reports
- Supervising clerks
- Key coordinator of all the sections of the Clearing and Forwarding unit, through timely and accurate information flow;
- Carrying out any other official duties assigned by the, Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Coordinate all activities and assist Operation Manager in receiving correspondence from clients
- Producing weekly monthly Operation reports
- Maintaining and keeping up dating of record and Registers and documents in CFS
- Supervising clerks
- Key coordinator of other sections
SKILLS SPECIFICATION TO THE POST
- A promoter of Company core values
- Excellent Operational Skills
- Good Customer skills
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
- An innovative individual
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards at a diverse work place,
- Customer service skills.
- Winning attitude
- Delegate responsibilities effectively,
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment is essential
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field or its equivalent from accredited training institution.
- Complete knowledge of import and export formalities
- Must be computer literate and fluent in English and Swahili
- Good knowledge of Government rules, procedures is desired
- Excellent knowledge of customs procedures and Shipping Incoterms are a must
- Self-motivated with high level of confidentiality
- Mature with sober mind
- Practical work experience of at least five (3) years in a reputable medium sized Company. Work experience in a freight industry is a definite advantage,
- Strong understanding of customer and marketing dynamics and requirements
- Experience with both Inland Container Depot and Container Freight Station (Exports) are a definite advantage,
Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references including addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses) to:
Attention: The Human Resources Department,
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited,
Plot No. 237, Kurasini,
P.O. Box 105638,
DAR ES SALAAM.
And/or Email to [email protected]
Closing date of application is Friday, December 7,2018 at 17:00 hrs. Phone inquiries on this matter to the
Company and any applications received after this stated deadline will not be entertained.