Ensure efficiency in the Company’s Imports Logistics System and ensuring accountability for all
Company resources especially cash and cheques.
• Liaising with the Warehouse, Sales and other relevant departments to determine items to order.
• Request for Proforma Invoices from Overseas Suppliers
• Processing of Overseas Purchase orders
• Placing of orders with Suppliers from overseas
• Processing of Proforma Invoices and IDF application
• Preparation of Marine Insurance Covers
• Processing of payments for Suppliers
• Preparation of Letters of Credit
• Expediting/routine follow up on status of goods to ensure that suppliers meet delivery promises
• Tracking of incoming shipments
• Liaising with Clearing Agents on cargo clearance with Customs
• Expediting inspection of goods received
• Notifying Suppliers on short-shipped, over supplied and faulty items received and taking the necessary action
• Filing and keeping records of all imports documents
• Updating of imports register and emailing consignments status reports to the M.D. Warehouse and Sales Department.
• Minimum Diploma or A bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
• 3 years’ experience in International Freight Forwarding with at least 2 years in sales and business development.
• Proven track record in sales of clearing & forwarding services, with international exposure
• Previous experience in designing clearing and forwarding solutions and closing deals
• Capable of working independently and managing a diverse client base and maintaining relationships
• Female are highly encourage to apply for this post
Job Title: CLEARING AND FORWARDING OFFICER
Location: Dar es Salaam
Number of vacancy: 2
How to apply: [email protected]