The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) (the Employer) has engaged the National Housing Corporation (NHC) (the Developer) for construction of its Head Office in Dodoma under a Design and Build (D&B) Methodology. The proposed building will be constructed on Plot No. 51 located in Medeli West within Dodoma City Council.
EWURA wishes to employ a Clerk of Works who will be a full-time inspector of construction works on behalf of the Employer under the direction of the Project Management Team. Therefore, suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply.
- Post Title: Clerk of Works -1 post
- Duty Station: EWURA Offices construction Site- Medeli Dodoma
- Reports to: Chairman of the Project Management Team (PMT)
The Clerks of Works shall act as Inspector of Construction Works on behalf of the Employer under the directives of the Project Management Team and specifically the duties and responsibilities shall be as indicated hereunder.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To work as the inspector of works on site and make sure that the contractor conforms to Contract documents and maintains quality.
- To ensure the Contractor comply with the working drawings and report to the PMT Chairman on any discrepancies or variations.
- To ensure that the works are done with good quality and approve works done in accordance with specifications as approved by the Employer.
- To inspect samples of construction materials presented by the Contractor and recommend them for Employer’s approval.
- To keep record and reports of work progress, conditions of covered works and those in progress, material quality, events and all information necessary for proper evaluation of contractor’s performance.
- To liaise with the PMT in all matters regarding the works for its smooth running.
- To make sure that the contractor keeps the works in good order, keeps records of site weather, events, progress reports and samples for Employer’s approval.
- To attend regular and ad-hoc meetings with PMT and contractor including site meetings and properly records the minutes of the meetings.
- To perform any other duties as may be found appropriate by the Employer and as directed by the Project Management Team.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Civil), Quantity Surveying, or Architecture from a recognized university.
- Possession of master’s degree in respective discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience on supervision of construction sites, preferably building construction.
- Must be registered by respective Professional Board as professional Engineer, Architect or Quantity Surveyor.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Shall have the following Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Attributes:
- thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials and equipment common to building construction;
- ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with building contractors;
- ability to read and interpret a variety of blueprints, plans and specifications applicable to building construction;
- ability to make skilled technical inspections and to enforce regulations firmly, technically and impartially;
- ability to keep records and prepare reports; and
- ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing and email.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidates for the post.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Clerk of Works will be employed on contractual terms of one year.
Mode of Application
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees (One should be from the similar project that the candidate has previously supervised) should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 9th October 2018.
- Those with certificates from the overseas universities, the same MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU).
- Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road
P.0 Box 2857,