CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGIST, MEDICAL COLLEGE
As a faculty member in the Department of Population Health the candidate will have research and educational responsibilities to support teaching and research at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels across the disciplines of health sciences. The candidate will support faculty and trainees across clinical disciplines and within the discipline of epidemiology and biostatistics. The candidate is expected to develop and sustain an original research portfolio in clinical or population health sciences.
- Support faculty and Master of Medicine residents in research methods, statistical analyses and interpretation.
- Teach in the Medical College Masters Programmes on topics including research methodology, epidemiology and biostatistics up to advanced level
- Supervise students at MSc and PhD level as primary and co-supervisor.
- Research results communication through written and oral outputs including peer-reviewed publications.
- Support and engage in research grant development including as principle investigator.
- Explore and implement strategies to expand research portfolio of the health sciences.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- MSc and PhD in Epidemiology or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in clinical health research design and implementation
- At least 3 years’ experience in postgraduate teaching in epidemiology and basic statistics
- Demonstrated advanced experience in using STATA, SAS and/or R
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in supervising Master and/or PhD students as a Primary Supervisor
- Demonstrated excellent grant writing and scientific writing skills
- Strong publications track record in international peer-reviewed journals
- Attentive to detail and quality
- Ability to work independently and within stipulated deadlines and schedules
- Highly motivated and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Candidates meeting the above requirements, and seeking professional growth and an excellent work environment should forward their letter of application, curriculum vitae, testimonials and addresses (postal and email) of three referees to the Associate Dean, Medical College c/o Human Resources Office, AKU, P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0)22 2150875 or email [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. More information about this position is available via the following website www.aku.edu
Applications close: 31st March, 2020