TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office, located in Dar es Salaam city.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
CLINICAL PSYCHIATRIST (2 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)
Reports to: Health Coordinator
Age Limit: Not above 55 Years.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; and supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules of TRCS requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Mental Health from a recognized institution.
- Registered member of Medical Council of Tanganyika At least 18 months working experience in the same field.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than May 26th ,2020. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].