Amref Health Africa –Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania has been awarded by Africa CDC through its SAVING
LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD INITIATIVE to support the Government of Tanzania’s initiative to accelerate uptake and coverage of COVID 19 vaccine services within ten regions of Tanzania (Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe). With this regard, Amref Tanzania is seeking competent candidates to fill the following positions.
|Job Title:||Communication Assistant|
|Reports to:||Head of Communications & Partnership|
|Duty Station:||Dar es Salaam|
|Start Date:||August 2022|
The Communication Assistant will provide overall communication support to the Africa CDC SLL project with guidance from the Head of Communications and Partnership. S/he will be fully responsible for the documentation and appropriate packaging of project success and facilitate its dissemination using various communication channels.
Key Duties/Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Daily, promoting project visibility through digital communications channels.
- With support from the project team develop relevant and interesting audio-visual content.
- Photography, packaging of project success stories, testimonies, articles, and best practices.
- Developing/updating project profile, media content, and project report for in-house publications.
- Translation of technical and scientific project content for the specific target audience.
- Collaborate with MOH – HPS to ensure alignment of messaging with government guidance.
- Ensure appropriate branding in project support sites, project event, and outreach activities.
- Assist with planning and logistics during project events. With guidance from the head of Communications -Provide all technical support on media relations issues.
- Draft project communication strategies to ensure greater visibility and public understanding of the project’s goals and results.
- Create project IEC materials and various print materials aligning with a brand guide for internal and external use.
- Support organization of various events at local and national levels in order to achieve a better Programme understanding, recognition, and visibility.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, and other related fields
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working preferably in a Non-Governmental Organization (health sector)
- Good knowledge of computer tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both English and Kiswahili, and translations of the same.
- Experience in media relations and digital communication.
- Ability to design project communication strategies and activities for the project.
- Excellent writing skills. Must be able to precisely communicate through various situations and platforms for diverse audiences; including press, magazines Newsletters, websites, and social media
- Flexible, Reliable, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural and multinational environment.
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names, and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on July 26, 2022. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, WhatsApp, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.