ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION
CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE POSITIONS OF COMMUNICATION INTERN:
The Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) is an independent policy research institution based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. ESRF was established in 1994 to respond to the growing need for a research think tank with a mandate to conduct research for policy analysis and capacity building. The Foundation’s primary objectives are therefore to undertake policy-enhancing research, to strengthen capabilities in policy analysis and decision making, as well as articulate and improve the understanding of policy options in government, the public sector, the donor community, and the growing private sector, and civil society.
The key themes or core research areas at ESRF are compliant to theTanzania Development Vision 2025, the Five Year Development Plan and East African Community Development Strategies. The themes covered by ESRF are: Inclusive Growth, Employment and Industrialization; Governance and Accountability; Globalisation and Regional Integration; Social Service Delivery and Social Protection; Natural Resources and Environmental Management; and Knowledge Management and Innovation.
The Foundation promotes public understanding of economic and social conditions as well as public policy issues. It carries out policy research, capacity development and promotes dialogue on policy issues by engaging both public and private sector stakeholders through online and offline discussions.
Given the increased demand to research and articulate various policy and strategic issues, ESRF seeks to recruit experienced, competent, self-motivated and dynamic Tanzanians for the following positions:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
COMMUNICATION INTERN – ONE POST
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field preferred.
- Experience in communications, social media, information management or related field Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups Thorough knowledge of media operations.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communication platforms.
- Experience with gathering and editing video.
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies.
- Possess problem solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues that supports a cooperative work environment.
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package as per ESRF Scheme.
How to apply:
ESRF is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your application for the specified position, a detailed CV, certified copies of your certificates and transcripts, your telephone number, email and three referees with their emails, postal addresses and telephone numbers electronically to [email protected]
APPLY TO: [email protected]
For more details on ESRF, please visit www.esrf.or.tz