HelpAge International wishes to recruit two Community Based Rehabilitation Officers for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for Person with Specific Needs and be able to address their needs for our key audiences to support our reporting. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Kibondo Office including incentive staff.
- A Degree in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or its Equivalent from a Government recognized institution.
- Member of the National Association of Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- 1 year experience in the refugee response with hands-on service delivery to PSN
- Excellent technical understanding of rehabilitation or occupational therapy services
- Ability to coach, mentor and train staff to undertake CBR services
- Knowledge of Monitoring and evaluation
- Good Computer knowledge and skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Ability to communicate both in English and Swahili languages. Knowledge of one or two Burundian refugee’s languages, a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Applications should be sent not later than 04th March 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. This will be ongoing recruitment and the right candidate will be contacted on a rolling basis. Certificates are not needed at this stage.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply