The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a leading non-profit, non-governmental organization working in the area of public health and nutrition in Tanzania. The mission of COUNSENUTH is to improve quality of life of vulnerable groups through cost-effective, evidence-based, locally appropriate interventions. COUNSENUTH achieves this mission by building a multi-sectoral advocacy movement through active engagement of citizens, policy makers, and Government authorities at all levels.
COUNSENUTH invites suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens to fill the following positions:
Post Title: Community Development Officer- (1)
Duty Station: Kigoma Region
The Community Development Officer (CDO) will be responsible for the implementation of program activities in the designated districts in Kigoma which include supporting community Health workers/ volunteers in the designated districts, and will be required to work with Local Government Authorities, community leaders, health facilities, selected CSOs and extension workers.
- Work with the Nutrition Program Officer and other team members in coordinating and facilitating implementation of program activities in their respective districts; in close consultation with Program Manager
- Work closely with the Local Government Authorities in planning and implementing activities in the districts.
- Attend regular meetings as scheduled and actively encourage and promote effective communication and strong working relationships within the team, local government, local leaders and the communities served
- Facilitate coordination meetings, advocacy meetings and awareness raising sessions at the community level, together with community care providers
- Ensure the community based activities such as Village Health and Nutrition Days (VHNDs), nutrition screening, health education and follow up is done properly
- Ensure counselling sessions for pregnant women and mothers of children under five are conducted as planned
- Prepare and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual program reports;
Required Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must:
- Hold a bachelor degree in Community Development. Have at least 2 year working experience in similar position
- Have experience in community engagement/mobilization and capacity building process.
- Have experience of working with Government institutions, civil society organizations and community partners.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their application via email addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH),
E-mail: [email protected]; together with up to date curriculum vitae (with three professional references) and copies of academic certificates not later than 16th March 2020.
All applications should be sent via EMAIL only.
Please indicate the position title on the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.