COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER-NGARA
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Community Relations Manager to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. She/he will have full responsibility for the assigned activities and be one of the primary interfaces with the identified local stakeholders. She/he will maintain regular communications with local government officials and other strategic partners at Village, Ward, Districts and Regional level.
The successful candidate will report to the Site Project Manager.
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara Roster: 6/3
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of community relations, providing guidance, leadership, and direct support in all aspects of service provision.
- Ensure smooth and functional community relations programs maintaining efficient systems and ensuring delivery of quality service.
- Manage budgets and approve expenses for community relations related costs, ensuring costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
- Provide mentorship and support to staff around professional development workload management trauma-informed approach, and staff wellness
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork through regular team meetings and on-going training.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with varied community stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with the communication team and government Relations colleagues to ensure consistent, appropriate communications and timely follow-up
- Ensure that all community grievances are resolved following the Tembo Nickel process and compliance to international standards
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Social, Economic, Environmental, International Development, Rural Planning, Public Administration and Policy or other relevant field or experience.
- 15 years of work experience in community relations with 5 years in senior management.
- Solid understanding of environmental and social risks and safeguards, International Standards and Human Rights.
- Ability to engage and enable active participation of regional administration, district local government authorities and local communities.
- Ability to develop plans, budgets, and reports.
- Mining experience will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Application closing date is 30th October,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.