COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICERS-RAP-5 (1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Community Relations Officers-RAP to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. She/he will have full responsibility for the assigned activities and be one of the primary interfaces with the identified local stakeholders. S/he will maintain regular communications with local government officials and other strategic partners at Village, Ward, and District level.
The successful candidate will report to the Community Relations Lead-RAP
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between TN and identified local stakeholders.
- Provide updates of assigned tasks on important achievements/constrains encountered at a weekly department meeting.
- Attend daily department morning briefing session.
- Work with Community Relations team to support implementation of community development programs, community awareness creation and community capacity building.
- Work with the Resettlement team to support the Resettlement Action plan and Livelihood Restoration program.
- Support Contractors and other TN lead departments on community relations affairs.
- Assist development of documentation, surveys, and relevant reports (e.g., Socioeconomic surveys, stakeholder engagement report, weekly report etc.)
- Support data management – collection, cleaning, and analysis.
- Support development of department plans, implementation, and follow-up of department activities.
- Jointly with Community Relations team, undertake monitoring, internal evaluation and documentation of all work done by the CR department.
- Undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by the Community Relations Lead.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Rural and Urban Planning, Community Development or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same or related role.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with basic computer applications.
- Experience in resettlement projects will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Application closing date is 30th October,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.