Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.Deloitte Tanzania has exciting opportunity for suitably qualified individual to join our USAID Boresha Afya program in the position of Grants & Finance Officer in our Ruvuma office. The candidate should be currently residing in the mentioned region.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neo Natal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Grants and Finance Officer
The Grants & Finance Officer will be responsible for reviewing payment requests and making accountability on grants disbursed to sub grantees.
This position reports directly to the Senior Grants & Finance Officer and Grants Manager.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Review and ensure that sub grantees comply with supporting documents as per USAID rules and regulations before submission to the Senior Grants & Finance Officer;
- Identify and communicate capacity building needs for the sub Grantees;
- Coordinate the grant making process from solicitation to contracting;
- Ensure that all accountabilities are updated and all activities are carried out in accordance to agreed budget contained in the signed contract;
- Monitor grantee advance and liquidation balances closely and ensure timely monthly liquidations;
- Review all payment requests to ensure that they meet the allowable, allocable and reasonable standards;
- Review financial reports from grantees and ensure compliance against program description and grants budget;
- Prepare and upload Regional Mobile wallet payments on time;
- Capture sub grantee accountabilities in the Grants Management System (GMS);
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of sub grantees projects;
- Ensure sub grantees perform monthly reconciliation of their accounts (bank reconciliation statement, cashbook, etc.);
- Ensure that grant documentation is maintained according to Deloitte/ project standards and USAID policies so that they can be audited with minimal or less findings;
- Ensure proper filling of all correspondence with sub grantees especially on contractual, programmatic and financial changes;
- Ensure sub grantees are well informed of any changes that are made to their sub agreements;
- Prepare financial and regular management reports on sub grantees performance and disbursement status;
- Provide capacity building assistance to sub grantees and help them in implementing their individual capacity building plans;
- Ensure timely and proper close out of grants; and
- Perform any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage i.e. CPA, ACCA etc.;
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a large donor-funded health program;
- Experience with an International NGO or donor funded Program operating in the field of HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria or related public health organization will be an added advantage;
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Seniors across our organization:
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across business and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results;
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities; and
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life;
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders;
- Strategic Direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To the successful candidates the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 10 May 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!