Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well versed strategy and operations team uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organizations.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neo Natal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Main purpose of the job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible for monitoring activities of the program in Njombe and Ruvuma regions and oversee the Projects statistical analysis.
This position reports directly to the Director of Strategic Information.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive Strategic Information Framework for the program;
- Oversee the KVP’s M&E System strengthening and Capacity building to regional M&E teams and CSOs;
- Ensure routine annual planning, monitoring, and reporting of all program activities is carried out timely;
- Support the Director of Strategic Information (DSI) to prepare quarterly and annual reports for submission to USAID;
- Ensure the assigned regions comply with reporting guidelines of the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), USAID, PMI and PEPFAR in terms of indicators, types of reports and deadlines;
- Work in collaboration with DSI to support regional M&E teams in results-based planning and budgeting;
- Review performance of Project data in the respective regions and advise the regional M&E and technical teams accordingly;
- Oversee analysis, documentation and dissemination of activities and accomplishments in the form of reports, publications, and presentations to donors, stakeholders and the international community;
- Liaise with respective Regional M&E Leads to ensure ProDMIS is updated monthly as well as ensuring availability and use of other data management systems (DHIS2, CTC2 Database and Train-Smart);
- Oversee proper documentation of at least 1 success story and support at least 2 abstract preparation;
- Provide technical support through mentorship of regional M&E teams to enable them to monitor data, collect efficiently and utilize it for decision making;
- Ensure routine data quality audits are conducted for all thematic components in the regions and that corrective measures are timely taken in efforts to ensure quality data is shared;
- Ensure that all assignments are conducted in accordance with the Firm’s standard procedures and methodologies and confidentiality is upheld in handling client information;
- Support implementation of mHealth initiatives for the program i.e. SMS reminders, Referral Case Management Application and Sample Tracking System;
- Oversee and support the regional M&E teams to implement their activities within approved budgets and proactively drive cost-cutting measures;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Master Degree in Bio-Statistics, Epidemiology, MPH or other related fields;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Nursing, Medicine, Statistics, Social Sciences, Population, Health Informatics or Monitoring & Evaluation or any medical degree;
- A minimum of eight (8) years working experience in data analysis with substantial engagement in health research activities particularly in designing, overseeing fieldwork and report writing, three (3) years of which should be at a managerial level;
- Experience in developing and writing research/ assessment protocols;
- Advanced knowledge on statistical packages (i.e. STATA, SPSS or R);
- Advanced MS Office application and use;
- Good planning and organization skills;
- Experience in KVP interventions is highly desired;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
-Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
-Deliver exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across business and borders
-Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
-Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
-Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
– Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
– Performance Driven – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across business and borders
– Strategic Direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and set priorities and direction
– Talent Development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To the successful candidate the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 23 February 2020