Closing date: 19 Aug 2019
Technical Assistance for Project Implementation and Monitoring of Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project
The objective of this Consultancy service is to support MORUWASA for the implementation and the monitoring of the AFD funded project. The Consultant is expected to provide assistance to MORUWASA regarding the preparation and the implementation of this project (reporting, preparation of tender documents, evaluation processes, negotiation).
The consultant will also be in charge of assisting MORUWASA for operating the new water and sanitation infrastructures to be delivered by the project. The Consultant should also assess the assets and carry out an analysis of the existing tariff structure to see whether it is enough to cater for cost recovery taking into consideration the assets which will be added after the implementation of the project.
The Consultant is also expected to conduct on job training for MORUWASA staff in the aspects of project implementation, management and monitoring.
- Should have at least 10 years in offering Technical Assistance in water and sanitation sectors.
- Should possess a minimum qualification of MSc in Civil Engineering or relevant topic.
- Considerable experience in Project/Contract management and procurement with good reporting skills is key.
- Should have considerable experience as a Team Leader for large water investment programmes, including planning, procurement and implementation, with overall managerial capacity.
- Practical knowledge and experience with procurement guidelines by international donors (World Bank/AFD/ADB etc) would be a considerable advantage.
- Must have excellent communication, motivation and organization capacity.
- Experience in Projects of similar nature within the region shall be of added advantage.
The Team Leader should be in Morogoro fully time working together with MORUWASA for at-least three years.
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to [email protected], under the title: DRS ref number 10410.
Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.