The job holder will be responsible for growth of revenues for the branch to meet set annual premium targets for the branch. The role will report to the Branch Manager.
- Secure new business directly or through intermediaries
- Service existing business and follow up to ensure renewal
- Maintain excellent customer service to intermediaries and direct clients
- Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Ensure payment of premiums before policy attaches.
- Follow up to ensure intermediaries are paid commissions timely and accurately.
- Recruit new Agents and Direct Sales Representatives
- Manage Agents and Direct Sales Representatives recruited through auditing of company stationaries.
- Train, coach and support new Agents and Direct Sales Representatives to achieve sales targets.
- Follow and adhere to underwriting guidelines and standards as communicated by Underwriting Manager from time to time
- Prepare weekly sales reports as required
- Guide and assist clients on claims processing
- Achievement of production targets
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer retention
- Premium collection Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the strategy map and personal
- Accountable to the Branch Manager
- Required to liaise and work closely with Underwriting, Finance, Claims and other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Intermediaries (Brokers, Agents & DSR’s)
- TIRA and other regulatory institutions scorecard.
- Bachelors’ degree in Insurance or a business related field
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry and concepts
- Knowledge of Insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of sales and marketing
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Mtwara-Mtwara
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 06-02-2020
Unposting Date: 20-02-2020
Number of Openings: 1