Amref Health Africa –Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania has been awarded by Africa CDC through its SAVING
LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD INITIATIVE to support the Government of Tanzania’s initiative to accelerate uptake and coverage of COVID 19 vaccine services within ten regions of Tanzania (Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe). With this regard, Amref Tanzania is seeking competent candidates to fill the following positions.
|Job Title:||COVID 19 Vaccine Field Support Assistants (8 positions)|
|Reports to:||Region Project Officer|
|Duty Station:||Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe|
|Start Date:||August 2022|
To support the acceleration of COVID 19 vaccine uptake in targeted project regions. The COVID 19 Vaccine Field Support Staff will provide overall assistance to Region Project Officer in the district/sub-office and to the respective District Immunization and Vaccine Officer. Field Support staff will work close, sit in the assigned district council and report to DIVO.
Key Duties/Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Assist the Region Project Officer in execution of daily vaccination activities in health facilities and communities
- Coordinate filling and submission of payment forms to Region Project Officer timely
- Assist with routine data collection from health facilities and submission to DIVO
- Assist on daily data validation/verification with guidance from DIVO and Region Project Officer
- Conduct site visits to health facilities for data verification and validation with guidance from DIVO and Region Project Officer
- Assist DIVO to monitor availability of vaccine stock and monitoring tools in health facilities in the respective district
- Follow up with health facilities and outreach teams to ensure timely data entry into Chanjo COVID database
- Assist DIVO to monitor processing of data entry into Chanjo COVID database system for the individuals vaccinated
- Provide daily feedback on assigned duties to DIVO and weekly to DMO with guidance from Region Project Officer
- Assist to monitor daily performance of health facilities as per assigned target and conduct site visits to health facilities with poor performance for support and mitigation measures
- Collaborate with health facility in-charge, outreach team leader or vaccinators for timely data submission to Region Project Officer for verification and reporting to donor
- Provide inputs in preparations of weekly reports
- Participate on daily and weekly project progress review meetings with the project team and R/CHMTs.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma in health informatics, Computer science, Social sciences, or Statistics. Degree holders will have an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity with the health system at the sub-national level
- Computer skills specifically with Ms Excel, Ms Access and PowerPoint applications.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder. Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names, and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on July 26, 2022. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, WhatsApp, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.