CRANE OPERATOR (2 POSTS)
SCOPE OF ROLE
LEVEL OF WORK: 1 ROLE TYPE: Individual Contributor.
REGION/DISCIPLINE: Tanzania BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION: Singida Gold Mine- Singida Region, Tanzania
Work Schedule: 6 weeks on/3 weeks off (Off Camp) Duration: 2 Years
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Process Plant Engineering Supervisor.
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The crane operator’s role is to operate mobile or stationary cranes to lift, move, align, position, or reposition loads. The job entails safe positioning of cranage equipment, lifting levers and pushing buttons to ensure the safe conveyance of materials and equipment around a construction, mining, or industrial site.
In performing these duties, you are required to operate cranes in compliance with safe crane operational procedures and keep active communication with ground crew/rigger via hand signals or radio where visibility is compromised.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
- Must be certified to operate crane as per legal requirements.
- Perform operational tasks of the crane by moving levers, depress buttons, and foot pedals to operate and control the speed/direction of crane movement.
- Conduct inspection of crane mechanism and lifting components to ensure parts are in working order.
- Conduct inspection of lifting equipment and lifting tackle.
- Liaise with riggers or assistants who provide direct assistance through radio communication or hand signals.
- Inspect ropes, cables and grappling assembly to identify wear and facilitate replacement.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the moving parts of a crane such as the ropes, cables, pulley, or grappling mechanisms.
- Load or unload shipment of heavy-duty machinery or material from trucks.
- Review work orders and schedules to determine sequence of operations.
- Inspect bundles or shipment to ensure conformance to company regulations.
- Signal and direct truck drivers to properly back vehicles into loading or unloading bay.
- Move, lift, and position equipment, machinery, or heavy materials with the aid of hook or bucket.
- Provide report of work operations by completing relevant paperwork.
- Direct riggers and assistants in placement of blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy materials.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis or raise or lower crane boom/load line.
- Work within set standards of accuracy and precision.
- Conduct risks assessments and inspection of work areas as per company guidelines and engineering standards.
- Maintain an up-to date register of all lifting equipment and tackle.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Form (IV) certificate
- Cranage & Rigging training Certificate from recognized institution
- Valid Tanzanian Driving License on heavy duty machines
- 3 or more years’ experience working as Crane operator on above 30T Crane in either link belt, rough terrain, or truck crane.
- Experience /Knowledge on operation other mobile machine the like of TH, Manlift, Cherry picker, Forklift, Bobcat will be added advantage
- Good written and verbal English language skills are essential.
- Experience with mining environment would be advantageous
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes, certificates and application cover letters addressed to the below (indicating the position title in the subject) via E -Mail: [email protected]
Human Resources Director
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 November 2022.