- Underwrite loan applications.
- Conduct detailed analysis of financial statements, tax returns, business and personal financial statements, guarantor statements, projections, cash flows, risk and industry data and give a documented risk opinion.
- Research, examine, and quantify the degree of credit risk involved.
- Monitor ongoing credit portfolio performance, financial analysis, compliance, collateral, and delinquencies for multiple relationship portfolios and explore what can be done better to minimize chances of having bad loans in current and future underwritings.
- Coordinate with business team to have client loan proposal files for review by speeding up the underwriting process in order to meet department turnaround times while minimizing credit risks.
- Prepare the first draft Loan Loss Provision for review by CRM/CRO
- Assist CRM to prepare the CRC materials and participate in CRCs.
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications.
Post Disbursement Monitoring / Loan Utilization Monitoring
- Carry out periodical monitoring of the actual performance of the clients business vis-a-vis projections accepted at the time of appraisal of credit facilities. This would assist in early identification and evaluation of temporary/critical aberrations coming and propose timely and suitable action.
- Check if the loan was used in accordance with the loan purpose.
- Check if the business place still exists in the same place(s) as at the time of the original credit analysis.
- Check if any changes in the ownership structure of the business (e.g. new owners, new partners) occurred.
- Check if any significant changes regarding the financial situation of the business occurred since the last visit (e.g. if the value of inventory changed, if the volume of daily sales changed if the business expenses increased etc.
- Ensure proper channels of communication are followed when communicating with other departments.
- Continuously work to identify and remove barriers to increase productivity, quality, cost-effectiveness, timeliness of operation and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in interaction ajira with businesses.
- Interaction and coordination with other assurance providers e.g. Operational Risk Team, Auditors while developing synergy and eliminating duplication of effort.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Credit position.
- Honest person with high integrity and independence who will observe professional ethics in executing his/her duties.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Business, ideally with a focus on Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to their importance for ABT’s operations and strategic goals.
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve on the job.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and the bank’s branches in Tanzania
- Analytical, proactive and a team player.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications can be sent via email to [email protected] or Human Resources Department, Head Office, Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho Village Museum, Derm House, P.O BOX 95068 DSM. DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter to HR Department not later than 25th January 2020.