Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) is an autonomous water utility legally charged with the delivery of water supply and sewerage disposal services to urban residents of Dodoma City. The Authority was established under section 3(i) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009 and Act No. 5 of 2019. It was declared a fully autonomous entity by order of the Minister responsible for water sector on 13th February, 1998; and was officially inaugurated on 1st July, 1998. The Authority has mandate to provide water supply and sewerage disposal services in Dodoma City and Clustered towns of Bahi, Chamwino and Kongwa.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzania male and female, to fill in the following excellent carrier opportunities:
CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANTS (4 POSTS):
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Holder of Certificate in Business Administration/Marketing/Mass Communication or any other related qualification with 3 years relevant working experience in a reputable organization and good computer skills. A secretarial skill is added advantages.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Assistant Customer Service Officer in promoting the activities and good public understanding of the Authority.
- Ensures that new customers are registered in time with the right account numbers in the right zone.
- Submits accurate water kiosks bills and ensures that the bills are paid on weekly basis.
- Keeps proper records of new customers.
- Listens to customers and provides solutions for their problems.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THE POSTS:
- Unspecified Period of Time (Permanent and Pensionable).
AGE LIMIT FOR THE APPLICANTS:
- Applicants should not be above 45 years of age.
- The posts carry attractive remunerations package.
- DUWASA main office, Chamwino, Kongwa or Bahi stations.
MODE OF APPLICATIONS:
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV, Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees, day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before or on 24th June, 2020.
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
Tel: 026 – 2324245, Fax: 026 – 2320060,
E-mail: [email protected]
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW; AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESFUL CANDIDATES.
“Tanzanian Women are highly encouraged to apply””