Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
To work with Outbound Logistics Manager and team to develop and implement the Country Logistics and Route to Consumer strategy, with a focus on best in class Logistics execution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Sales and Logistics teams to define, implement and review the Customer Service
- Charter and Illovo Sales Service Offering in support of the Route to Consumer strategy
- Oversee execution of the order to cash process for domestic sales, and provide support in managing the interface with Warehouse, Transport and Finance to meet the ILSO requirements
- Monitor the availability of stock across the warehouse network to ensure sufficient stock levels to meet order requirements, and arrange replenishment as required
- Oversee Logistics Domestic co-ordination and execution against agreed sales contracts.
- Track and manage delivery against agreed metrics, and identify actions required to correct or improve service delivery and cost
- Engage with Sales and Finance to resolve customer orders on hold
- Manage escalated Customer complaints or queries, ensuring resolution while maintaining the customer relationship
- Liaise with Quality Manager to highlight any product quality deficiencies in Outbound Logistics, and resolve service-related customer complaints
- Provide input and participate in contractor rates negotiations and performance management reviews (With Outbound Logistics Manager)
- Engage with Outbound Logistics Manager and Group Logistics to identify issues and opportunities for improvement in facilities, processes, metrics and subsequent activities, and to guide the Customer Service / CSC part of the Logistics strategy going forward
- Work with Outbound Logistics Manager to implement key metrics and measurement systems to monitor effectiveness of decisions and optimise the supply chain.
- Provide input to Group Logistics and Outbound Logistics to identify and implement cost effective and efficient planning via the Transportation management system
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues
- Oversee effective talent and performance management within function
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
- Raise customer incident reports and facilitate the appropriate Route Cause Analysis process to improve on efficiencies and service to customer
Job Qualification and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Business / Supply Chain / Logistics / Marketing
- 5 years’ experience in a sales / logistics / customer service environment, with experience in the Order to Cash process and customer relationship management (CRM) tools and software.
- A basic understanding of logistics, transportation and warehousing, including routing and scheduling.
- Experience in local and export orders is preferred
- Commercial acumen, with a strong customer-centric orientation; planning and problem solving skills; sound interpersonal and relationship skills, and resilience to be able to manage conflicting demands and expectations from customers and other functions; analytical ability to track and manage performance.
- Self – Management and Personal Traits
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative and team working skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be engaged on a Permanent Contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please click here to apply for the position on orbefore 16th October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.