CUSTOMS CLEARANCE SUPERVISOR, RCS GRADE – M
Reporting to Operations Manager Location – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
IT’S NOT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON THE CAREER LADDER.
IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE WORLD GET ON TOGETHER
Why do people call us the world’s most international company? Is it because we operate in more than any other logistics provider? Is it because we invented cross border shipping over 45 years ago? Or is it, perhaps, because what we do connects people across the world. And the more we can connect people, the better life on earth becomes.
We love our role in the world. And we’re looking for the right people to help us maintain – and grow it. People like you.
DHL provides a wide range of career opportunities at different levels all over the world. As an employee you will have the possibility to develop yourself personally and professionally through successful teamwork.
Together we build a company we can truly be proud.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
To Supervise (a) the inbound clearance process and (b) the export process within established standards for processing and transit time. Developing strong relationships with the customs authorities with a view to improving clearance capabilities and efficiencies. Manage deployment of customs related applications.
- Organise appropriate shifts and manning levels to meet business requirements.
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipment processing and ensure clearance is smooth and rapid.
- Control the ISEs and Declarants to ensure proper assessments, lodgement, and billing and recovery of duty and taxes for all shipments before they leave DHL facility.
- Liaise with customers where paperwork and authorities are required from them to expedite clearance of their shipments.
- Identify the cost saving/efficiency opportunities.
- Deploy applications as per Customs standards.
- Supervise the responsibilities for all Customs clearance services.
- Ensure the levels of pre-clearance/pre-release of shipments is maximised
- Ensure timely payment and recording of customs duties / taxes.
- Ensure customer databases are developed and updated
- Responsible for work processes that affect the success of own role and contribute to the overall performance of the department.
- Execute proper decisions during processing and clearance of shipments to ensure smooth flow of operation within Gateway facility.
- Timely report issues to be raised to the higher level to get the appropriate support.
- Refer complex and unusual problems to manager.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including those in relation to health, safety, environment and community.
- Coordinate regular contact with customers in relation to held shipments.
- Manage consignees in clearance of sensitive or restricted shipments.
- Support the manager with the practical experience and knowledge in daily activities.
- Liaise with customs officials on specific duties payable and problem shipments.
- Comply with the regulatory policy and rules.
- Follows up on all customer enquires and provides quality feedback to customer service on service incidents when need arises.
- On an ongoing basis, seek out and implement opportunities for continuous improvement within the operation domain.
Minimum Requirements Education & experience
- 4+ or more years of experience in related area of responsibility.
- Subject matter expert in service, operations, or support area of responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge in technical or specialty area.
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing tasks and teach them to others.
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply, Customs or Logistics & Transportation from recognized education institution.
- TRA Customs Clearance Certificate is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate good understanding of Customs Clearance & Brokage processes.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written in English and Swahili.
- Team work.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you meet the requirements for this job, kindly forward a comprehensive CV and Motivation Letter to [email protected] on or before 30 November 2020.
If you are not contacted by DHL within fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; a physical capability assessment and reference checking.
DHL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to environmental, health and safety management.
We are looking forward to your application.
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 December 2020