The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Health. The Institute is mandated with carrying out, controlling, coordinating, registering, monitoring and promoting Health Research in Tanzania.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), with support from Brigham &
Women’s Hospital, has solicited funds to conduct a project titled “Tanzania PEN
PLUS”. This project aims to scale up the WHO Package of Essential NonCommunicable Interventions for common NCDs and PEN PLUS interventions for severe NCDs such as type 1 diabetes, rheumatic heart disease and sickle cell disease at district (first level) hospitals in Tanzania.
NIMR is looking for a well-trained, competent, self-motivated Tanzanian candidate to fill a vacant position within the Project.
Position: Data Manager (1 Position)
Reports to: Project Principal Investigator (PI)
Job Location: Kondoa Municipal Council
The Manager will support and maintain the data systems of the “Tanzania PEN PLUS Project, will have 100%-time effort on the project and will also serve as the coordinator of the project activities at the facility level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Manager will support and maintain the data systems of the project.
- He/she will support the project team through developing data management and data cleaning plans, reviewing and analysing data discrepancies, managing and resolving data quality issues together with the field-based staff, and writing routine reports to the Project team.
- Ensure data collected are of quality and properly stored.
- To coordinate the development of study reporting protocols, data collection plans and platforms, and development and implementation of the M&E framework.
- To coordinate the overall production of reports.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Holder of a Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Health Informatics or Statistics is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in data systems, programming, and analytics experience. Experience in the health sector with health information systems would be an asset.
CONTRACT TENURE: One-year renewable contract.
REMUNERATION: Salary will be offered as per Project Budget.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications no later than two weeks after this advertisement’s first appearance (see the date above) to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary, with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. If you do not hear from us two weeks after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The applicant is required to submit his/her hardcopy application to the address below.
The Director General,
National Institute for Medical Research,
P O Box 9653,
11101 DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 October 2022.
- Total Jobs 76 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam