FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position for an anticipated multi-sectoral nutrition activity in Tanzania. The USAID Tanzania Regional Multi-sectoral Nutrition Activity is part of the U.S. Government’s (USG) Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) 2022-2026, which promotes global food security, resilience, and nutrition and the USAID global health initiative to prevent maternal and child deaths. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions. This purpose will be achieved by a) increasing the coverage of quality nutrition services at health facilities and community; b) improving consumption of safe, nutritious foods; and c) increasing capacity of councils to utilize data, plan, budget, and deliver quality nutrition services.
This will be a full-time position based in Tanzania for a duration of five years. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the activity to FHI 360.
Oversees the day to day technical and operational aspects of the project. Supervises technical staff members ensuring that project activities are on track with work plans, with technical expertise informing project implementation. Prepares project and donor reports and drafts publications and external communications. Leads the development/revision of best practice documents. Monitors budgets. Coordinates and works with a diverse group of organizations, such as USAID/Tanzania, government counterparts, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders. Ensure program quality across all aspects of the project according to government policies and industry standards.
- Oversees the work of a team of project technical specialists
- Develops and manages program team priorities, work plans, and budgets, ensuring activities are delivered on-time, within budget and in accordance with USAID and FHI 360 policies and procedures
- Develops and oversees short-term technical assistance (STTA) plans and communicate needs to home office. Monitors STTA and consultant work in the field.
- Supports development of annual work plans and the submission of high quality monthly and quarterly progress reports to USAID
- Supports the COP in representing the project to USAID and key government stakeholders, ensuring timely response to their informational, data and monitoring inquiries and requests
- Fosters collaborative working relationship across all aspects of the project
- Provides guidance, training and mentorship to program staff and supports their professional development
- In absence of the COP, serves as acting COP of the project
- Master’s degree in nutrition, public health, or related field
- At least 12 years of experience in designing and overseeing nutrition/public health-related programs, including at least 8 years of leadership and/or line management experience.
- Technical familiarity and experience with multisector nutrition programming and budgeting and USAID rules and regulations
- Prior work experience at an NGO, government agency, or private organization
- Experience preparing technical reports and learning documents and representing organizations at technical events and conferences
- Experience working in complex environments and managing diverse teams to deliver impact
- Demonstrated experience in Tanzania strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
- Total Jobs 135 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam