APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
Position Title: Deputy Director Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Director-SAFE VMMC Project
Supervisory role: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1)
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
The Deputy Director MEL oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning components of the project. S/he leads the development and management of the MEL Plan. S/he develops and maintains systems to collect data and leads analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the project. S/he collaborates with and oversees regional data managers to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported; and supports training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods. S/he collaborates with the project team to design operations research (OR) to support learning, evaluation, and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use. S/he shares MEL data and improvement plans as well as strategies for implementation improvements for greater project impact with the project team.
Desired Qualification/ Competence
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent required in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, social science, economics, or relevant discipline;
- At least 7 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on United States Government (USG) projects related to HIV/AIDs;
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects, (particularly USAID), preferably in Tanzania;
- Strong understanding of HIV/AIDS data and HIV/AIDS indicators;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Mastery of the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies; experience with complexity-aware monitoring and adaptive management models is desired;
- Computer skills, including MS Office, Access and Excel, and mobile/internet data collection software (ODK, Kobo, Survey Monkey and others);
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff;
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage and coordinate with diverse staff to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Fluency in English and Swahili required.
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Deadline of Submission
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail [email protected]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!