Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College – TUDARCo is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira since 1s’April, 2003. TUDARCo is owned by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) Eastern and Coastal Diocese (ECD).The College was awarded, by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), a Certificate of Full Registration on 29th March, 2007,it was granted its Charter in 2010 and attained Certificate of Accreditation in August 2019.
TUDARCo premises are located along Coca Cola Road and it has student population of about 3,000 students for the time being. It has programmes that are ranging from Certificate, Diploma and degree levels in four Faculties namely Faculty of Law, Faculty of Business Administration, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. TUDARCo has ambitious plans to grow and expand its services while aiming at providing high quality products. To date, TUDARCo boasts of producing high quality graduates who have gone to become very successful in the Public and Private Sector. TUDARCo now wishes to recruit an experienced visionary and transformer person in a Senior Position as DEPUTY PROVOST FOR ADMINISTRATION who will help to spearhead the required changes as the College transforms itself to much greater heights.
B: Main Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership and co-ordination in all administrative activities of the College.
C: Key Functions
The Deputy Provost for Administration shall:
- be responsible to the Provost in respect of all administrative matters pertaining to the College;
- be the main advisor of the Provost in relation to securing adequate human resources for manning the College and carrying out its objects and functions effectively and efficiently;
- have such other powers and functions and enjoy such rights and privileges as are conferred on him/her by the Charter or any written law, or as may be conferred or delegated upon him/her by the Governing Board or the Provost or as may be prescribed.
- be responsible to the Chief Advisor of and assistant to the Provost in respect of all administrative matters, including administration of funds, buildings and grounds, assets, planning and management of the College; and
- coordinate the preparation and keeping of College Students records.
S/he will be directly responsible to the Provost for all administrative matters of the College.
A person, male or female, of integrity, good leadership skills, visionary and outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability who has attained the status of Professor/Associate Professor or its equivalent in either teaching or research, preferably a Tanzanian. Experience in Management at the level of a Dean of Faculty, Director of Finance and Planning, Director of Institute/Directorate or above is an added advantage.
Terms of Service
The appointment of the Deputy Provost for Administration will be made by the College Governing Board after consultation with the Provost and the Vice Chancellor of Tumaini University Makumira.
The Deputy Provost for Administration shall hold office for a period of three years renewable once. Where appropriate and desirable, s/he can be deployed in teaching after the end of tenure as Deputy Provost for Administration.
Remuneration shall be guided by the Schemes of Service of Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College depending on the level of experience of a successful candidate.
G: Mode of Application
The applicants shall submit duly signed letters of application with full details of qualifications, experience and reasons for wanting to work with the College that should include the following:
- Certified photocopies of academic performance;
- Typed comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Full contact addresses of work and residence including postal address, telephone and fax number (if available) and e-mails; and
- Name and full contact addresses of three referees who know the applicant’s academic and/or work experience.
All applications should reach the Search Committee by Friday 24 January, 2020 at 16:30 hours. Applications should be addressed to:
Chairman of the Search Committee,
Tumaini University Dares Salaam College,
Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road), PO. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-mail: [email protected]
- Total Jobs 14 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam