The Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA) is an autonomous Government Agency established by the Act of Parliament No. 1 of 1994. VETA is responsible for regulating, coordinating, financing and providing Vocational Education and Training in Tanzania. VETA is an equal opportunity organization.
The Authority is looking for qualified, competent, dynamic and committed Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies on contract terms:
JOB TITLE: Design, Sewing and Cloth Technology (DSCT) – Assistant Vocational Teachers
DUTY STATION: Ileje DVTC
JOB RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Registrar
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the preparation of annual plan and budget by compiling data from his section for onward submission to the superior.
- To prepare instructional plan and scheme of training by interpreting the occupational unit standard and guidelines in view to achieve optimum results and set objectives.
- To prepare appropriate tools and equipment required for presentation/Demonstration by identifying them as mentioned in a range statement in order to enable conductive training process.
- To effectively and efficiently deliver instructions to trainees of level (1) up to level two (3) only through lectures, demonstrations, discussions and performing intended knowledge skill and attitude in order to produce trainees with the required competencies.
- To perform formative and summative assessment to preparing and using assessment tools such as oral, written, product assessment and record in log books in order to evaluate their level of competences.
- To participate in curriculum development by initiating improvement recommendations, attending workshops, seminars in order to validate the value of training as per the economic growth demand.
- To prepare daily, weekly, monthly, terminal and annual implementation and progress reports by compiling trainee’s assessment forms in view to evaluate training status.
- To monitor discipline of trainees by following rules and regulations stipulated in their joining instruction in order to maintain peace and order at the Training Centre
- To guide safe use of training tools and equipment by performing daily preventive and corrective maintenance such as cleaning, lubricating, fault checking and do minor repairing to maintain their life span.
- To provide cancelling to trainees through physical discussion and advising in order to give direction and guidance for the better life of our trainees.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- A minimum of form IV Secondary School Education with passes.
- Holder of Diploma in Education majoring English language (for English and Communication skills Teacher).
- Holder of Trade Test Grade One or Level III Vocational Certificate in Design, Sewing and Cloth Technology (DSCT) from Recognized Institutions (For DSCT Teacher).
- Holder of Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Information and Communication Technology or Computer Science from Recognized Institutions (for Computer Application Teacher).
- Holder of Diploma in Secretarial studies from recognized Institutions (for Secretarial Studies Teacher).
- Ability to prepare training/technical reports.
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
- Ability to use diplomacy in communicating with trainees.
- Ability to carry out and supervise maintenance of machines, measuring instruments, protective devices, for the purpose of enabling trainees to acquire appropriate practical skills for DSCT, Secretarial studies and Computer Application Teachers.
MODE OF EMPLOYMENT – Three (3) Months Contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Application letters enclosed with CVs indicating names and addresses of three referees, certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and certificates should be addressed to the undersigned.
- Only applicants with required qualifications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications should reach the office of the undersigned latest by 19th MARCH, 2020 at 3:30 pm.
The Regional Director,
Vocational Education and Training Authority,
South West Zone
P. O. Box 2498,
‘’VETA is an equal opportunity organization, women are highly encouraged to apply.”
- Total Jobs 79 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam