POST OF DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE ENERGY AND WATER UTILITIES
REGULATORY AUTHORITY (EWURA)
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent regulatory authority responsible for technical and economic regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. The Chairman to the Nomination Committee invites qualified candidate to apply for the position of Director General of EWURA.
Reporting and Responsibilities:
Director General reports to the Board of Directors and shall be responsible for the day to day operations of the Authority. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Director General are:
- To oversee effective and efficient implementation of provisions of the EWURA Act, legislation relevant to regulated sectors and other such laws, rules and regulations.
- To provide direction and leadership towards achievement of the Authority’s vision, mission, core values, business strategy, annual goals and objectives.
- To advise and inform the Board on regulated sectors, support activities and other matters.
- To oversee the development of regulatory tools to ensure quality of regulated products and services and that promotes sustainable investment.
- To prudently manage the Authority’s resources within approved budget limits, guidelines, policies, laws and regulations.
- To ensure that the Authority consistently presents strong and positive image to the general public.
- To create and maintain conducive working environment that motivates employees for optimal performance.
- To undertake any other duties incidental thereto and as assigned by the Board of Directors and other appropriate authorities.
Required Qualifications and Skills are:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- At least bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Atleast ten years’ work experience in one or more of the fields of management, law, economics, finance or engineering;
- Knowledge and experience in managing EWURA regulated sector utilities;
- A good record of achievements in her/his previous career;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- NO conflict of interest as stated in Section 12 of the EWURA Act; and
- Willingness to serve as Director General.
Mode of Application
- Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send an application letter and a CV indicating clearly their current position, e-mail address, telephone contacts, three names of referees and copies of relevant certificates and two current passport size photographs.
- Opening date for the receipt of applications: 18th March 2019,
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 1 st April 2019, at 17.00 Hours.
- Previous candidates are allowed and encouraged to apply.
- Application should be clearly marked “Director General of EWURA” on top of the envelop and be addressed to the Chairman of the Nomination Committee (EWURA), Ministry of Water to the address indicated below.
EWURA Nomination Committee
NBC Mazengo Branch