Petroleum Upstream Regulatory Authority (PURA) was established under the Act of Parliament number 21 of 2015 to regulate and monitor the petroleum upstream sub sector for the Mainland Tanzania PURAs mandates include monitoring, regulatory management of the petroleum resources and provision of advisory services to the Government on upstream petroleum affairs.The mandate is underpinned in policy and legal instruments including: the National Energy Policy 2015; the Petroleum Act 2015; the Oil and Gas Revenue Management Act, 2015 and the Tanzania Extractive Industries (Transparency and Accountability) Act 2015. The Chairman of the Board of Directors of PURA invites qualified Tanzanians to apply for this position.
Reporting and Responsibilities
The Director General of PURA will reporttothe Board of Directors of PURA and will be responsible forthe following:
- Initiating and implementing policies and programs of PURA and reportstothe Board;
- Ensuring that the agreed objectives, targets and service standards of PURA and the Board of Directors are met;
- Managing the properties and employees|of PURA;
- Developing and overseeing operational plans to guide PURA in the performance of its functions;
- Co-operating with lead agencies and organizations in matters relating to petroleum upstream and other related matters;
- Developing an economic, efficient and cost-effective internal management structure;
- Providing advice as required on matters falling within PURA’s mandate and responsibilities; viil Performing functions assigned by the Board;and
- Performing any other functions deemed necessary for implementation of the provision of the Petroleum Act, 2015
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Petroleum Geosciences, Petroleum Engineering Petroleum Management Petroleum Law or Petroleum Economics, Taxation and Finance From a recognized Institution.
- Not less than 10 years’ work experience in related fields, of which five (5) years should be in a managerial level
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry wil I be an added advantage.
The Director General shall hold office for a period of five years and may be eligible for re-appointment for one more term.
Salary Scale: Shall be paid in accordance with PURA Salary Structure
Qualified candidates must write and submit their application letters attaching copies of their testimonials and detailed CVs
- All applications must be sent by courier service
- Closing date for the applications is 10th August 2018 at 1600hrs
- All applications must be in sealed envelopes and shou Id be clearly marked ‘Application for the Position of Director General of PU RA‘ on top of the envelope and be addressed to:
The Chaims an PUIA Board of Directors Attorney General’s Office LAPF Building, 10th Hoor,
PURA Board of Directors
Attorney General’s Office
LAPF Building, 10th Floor,
P. O. Box 630,