Tanzania Federation of Co-operatives Ltd; is the national cooperative Umbrella Organization that promotes, serves and coordinates the work of cooperative societies in mainland Tanzania. (Cooperatives are voluntary organizations, open to all persons able to use their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, racial, political or religious discrimination. ICA Statement of Identity, 1995). TFC was registered on 8th December, 1994 with Registration Number 5503.
It was incorporated under section 45 of the Co-operative Societies Act. No. 15 of 1991. It has mandate to unite and promote the prosperity of all registered co-operative societies in Tanzania mainland. T FC replaced the then Cooperative union of Tanzania (CUT) following the adoption of the new policy and enactment of the cooperative Act in 1991 which rescinded the political association of the cooperative movement as a mass organization of the ruling part by then. Therefore, since the Cooperative Act of 1991 stressed on promoting autonomy of Co-operatives and member empowerment, there was a need to have an independent cooperative body, as a result T FC was formed.
Since its establishment TFC has participated in different ways in uniting co-operative societies in the country, thus creating a prosperous environment for them to operate on the basis of Cooperative Principles. T FC has promoted member empowerment and ownership in cooperative societies for the mutual benefits of Co-operators and the Country at large T FC is an autonomous, non- governmental and non- partisan body that is member owned and managed in the spirit of internationally recognized co-operative principles and values.
This notice is issued to announce that we are currently accepting applications for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT
Appointed by Board
Reports to Executive Secretary
Mode of employment : Two years Contract
Remuneration . TFCG 10-11
|Supervises||Education and Publicity Manager,
Research and Consultancy Manager,
Policy and Promotion Manager, Principal Insurance officer
|Major duties||Overall in charge of the Directorate of Cooperative Development|
- Formulate, monitor and evaluate Cooperative development plans for the Federation.
- To undertake in conjunction with relevant stakeholders research activities.
- To collect, organize and disseminate marketing data using different media.
- Provide advice on the structure, management of finance of the cooperative
- Maintain and uphold the co-operative status of the organisation
- plan and organise data and other information relevant to cooperative movement.
- Develop and administer research programmes
- Carry out consultancy services on different field according to co-operative development needs.
- Identify and evaluate investment opportunity by carrying out feasibility and viability appraisals of development projects. Assessing co-operative business forecasts and devises strategy.
- Determine nature, type and amount of statistics to be prepared and maintained.
- Co-ordinating the collection, analysis storage and use of statistics in the formulation and implementation of Cooperative policy.
- Coordinate the promotional activities of the federation.
- Holder of degree in Business Development Management or its equivalent with experience of not less than five years in Cooperatives Sector
Application dead line: 03 March, 2020