The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is a body corporate established on 1st July 2005, under the Universities Act, Cap. 346 of the Laws of Tanzania with mandate to recognize, approve, register and accredit Universities operating in Tanzania, and local or foreign university level programs being offered by registered higher education institutions. It also coordinates the proper functioning of all university institutions in Tanzania so as to foster a harmonized higher education system in the country.
Tanzania Commission for Universities invites applications from suitably qualified Senior Public Servants to be considered to fill the vacant position of Director of Corporate Services.
Job Title : Director of Corporate Services
Appointment : The Commission
Report to : Executive Secretary
The Director of Corporate Services shall be responsible to the Commission for the effective management and efficient use of resources, human resources as well as fiscal and capital resources. He/she shall specifically be responsible for effective coordination of all matters pertaining finance and administration matters, project management and mobilization of funds.
The eligible candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Masters/PhD in Finance/ Accounting /Economics or equivalent qualification from recognized institution with an outstanding academic performance, Human Resource Management skills and administrative experience and capability; Good track record in higher education management and coordination; Extensive knowledge and experience of higher education systems at a Senior management level; Candidates with qualifications in Finance and Accountancy must possess CPA (T), ACCA, ACA or equivalent professional qualifications and must be registered by NBAA as professional Accountants;
- Proven ability to mobilize and generate funds from internal and external sources;
- Adequate skills in managing Management Information Systems (MIS);
- Effective liaison skills with Government, the private sector, other institutions and the international community;
- Knowledge in HE systems.
Skills and Abilities
- To develop a vision and direction for the Directorate of Corporate Services;
- To interpret and promote the Commission’s key functions and in particular functions of the Grants Committee;
- To demonstrate skills in management of finances, human resources and projects including mobilization of various other resources;
- Knowledge and proven experience in ICT and data management.
- Number of sound and clear financial and human resources policies and procedures in place; Systems for management of various activities are in place and operational;
- Financial and human resources reports prepared in time;
- Provision of timely and up to date financial information to budget holders;
- Resources well managed and controlled.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To spearhead the continuous development and review of policies and guidelines to reflect the mission and objectives of the TCU;
- To establish and maintain workable financial systems for regular monitoring and evaluation of the performance, quality, relevance and efficiency of all finance programmes;
- To oversee the implementation of systems designed to ensure sound management and fiscal control and the promotion of good order throughout the Commission;
- To plan and control all the financial and accounting operations for the Commission;
- To determine viable sources of funding and mobilizes finances from a variety of sources;
- To oversee the implementation of all TCU projects;
- To monitor effectiveness and efficiency of Financial and HR tools;
- To prepare financial statements of income and expenditure for TCU at appropriate times, and ensure timely audit of the statements;
- To participate in review and development of new physical, financial accounting programmes based on established needs of the Commission;
- To make proposals for investing funds for the Commission and implements the approved investments;
- To ensure compliance to the approved financial and administrative policies and procedures;
- To maintain sound industrial relations and develops effective employee communication systems;
- To prepare and communicate all statutory periodic reports to respective authorities; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Tenure: 4 years; can be reappointed subject to positive performance appraisal.
- Age: Be between 40 – 55 years of age.
- Remuneration: Successful candidate will be paid according to Tanzania Commission for Universities salary scale.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Applicants who meet the stated requirements for the advertised post and would like to serve the Tanzanian Public Service through Tanzania Commission for Universities, should send their applications to:
The Chairperson of the Search Committee
Tanzania Commission for Universities
P.O. Box 6562
- All applicants should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Signed application letters must be accompanied by:
- Proof of Tanzanian citizenship (affidavits will not be accepted)
- Applicant’s current CV and two passport size photographs in colour.
- Photocopies of transcripts, academic and professional certificates.
- Names and full contact addresses and daytime telephone numbers of three referees.
- All applications must be posted or personal delivery.
- Applications should reach the Tanzania Commission for Universities latest by the close of business on Wednesday 29th January 2020. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.