The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancy for which suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply.
NATURAL GAS DIVISION
|a)||Post Title||: Director of Natural Gas|
|b)||Duty Station||: EWURA Head Office – Dodoma|
|c)||Reports to||: Director General|
Director of Natural Gas will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating and monitoring of the Natural Gas regulated sub-sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee effective and efficient application of provisions of the sector specific legislation in order to ensure that technical, commercial, safety and environmental aspects of natural gas sector are in conformity with the provisions of other legislation and good industry practices.
- To ensure optimal provision of economic, technical, safety and environmental inputs to regulating the processing, transportation, distribution, storage and supply of natural gas.
- To ensure the process of reviewing, issuing, renewing and revoking licenses for processing, transportation, distribution, storage and supply of natural gas is carried out in accordance with the sector specific legislation and accepted standards.
- To review, for updating, and advise on the entire natural gas processing, transportation, distribution, storage and supply licensing process, including fixing and applying for application and licence fees, support in reviewing and advising on tariffs and prices of natural gas, support in reviewing terms and conditions of licenses and tariffs, advising on rules for terms and conditions of licenses for supply of natural gas to consumers.
- To review and advise on application for provisional licenses to carry out assessments, studies and other activities necessary license applications.
- To monitor and measure licensees’ performance and compliance with the sector specific legislation.
- To promote of least-cost investment and security of supply for the benefit of consumers.To advise stakeholders, including the Government, on the technical area.
- To coordinate regulatory cooperation with other competent authorities and relevant key players in the private sector.
- To maintain good division working relationships with other divisions and units as well as external stakeholders.
- To effectively administer all resources allocated to the Division, including offering technical and operational support to staff members in the Division.
- To provide technical guidance in dispute resolutions of various natural gas customers’ complaints.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Director General.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- University Degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Gas, Mechanical, Chemical and Process) or Geo – Science (Geology and Geo-Physics).
- Possession of Master degree in relevant field or others such as Business Administration.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer or appropriate Professional Bodies.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- Possession of at least eight (8) years’ work experience in relevant field, three (3) of which should be in Managerial position.
- Knowledge and familiarity on energy sector regulation will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on 5 years contract that is renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 7th January, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, PSSSF House Makole Road,
P.O. Box 2857 DODOMA