ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Dispatcher – Underground Mining
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Underground Mining
Re Reporting to: Specialist – Underground Mining
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Safety maintain and manage fleet/machines movement and status.
- A minimum of certificates of secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Valid Tanzanian Driving license and able to drive in Mining environment
- Strong communication and conflict management skills
- Basic MS Office Skills (Specifically on Excel)
- A minimum of 03 years performing the same role
- Experience with the use of 2 – way radio communication devices, handheld, and base – station
- Ability to effectively communication using the above mentioned with UG and workshop supervisors.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Interact on a continuous basis with the maintenance personnel, production supervisors and assist with making good decisions to minimize down times and maximize productivity.
- Improve good communications and rapport with the maintenance team on duty.
- Booking correct down time of equipment.
- Booking correct up time of equipment
- Ensure down reason codes are correct
- Ensure down comments are correct at all times
- Ensure responsible person name are recorded against the down and up times (i.e., reported to and released by)
- Be held accountable for status down records in the shift edit utility
- Ensure that all data collected and recorded is accurate and valid
- Work closely with the mining supervisors to ensure services machines are delivered to the workshop to the workshop and at the correct times
- Develop & maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all fleet to promote effective decision making
- Take a pro – active approach to performance improvement by monitoring of machines statuses & determining improved methods for working for continuous improvement
- Promptly communicate any equipment maintenance requirements that become evident after reported by Operators
- Ensure that all maintenance data is captured accurately throughout a shift and ensure that the data is available in a timely manner for daily KPI reporting
- Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department
- Any other duty assigned by the Underground Mining Specialist
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English language and Swahili
- Previous experience with operating Underground or open Pit equipment
- Able to show initiative and co – ordination skills and be able to interact within all mining personnel and maintenance sections
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre – employment and medical examinations
- Ability to drive and hold a current Tanzanian Driver’s license is of advantage
- Be able to work at minimum supervision
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call duties when required
- Good teamwork
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Dispatcher – Underground Mining”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 11th January 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com