Job Title: Doctor of Dental Surgery/ Doctor of Dental Medicine
Company: Tindwa Medical & Health Services
Department: Medical Services Department
Reports to : HOD Medical Service Department.
Date: 24 October 2022
Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums.
May treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth.
May fit dental appliances or provide preventive care.
This position may involve medical responses on a transport unit (ambulance) or on a remote setting/site.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, patients, families, hospital staff, outside professional agencies, co-workers and supervisory personnel, whether volunteer or paid, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as death, dismemberment, total devastation and loss
- May be required to hold over to cover emergencies and work overtime without advanced notice.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for prolonged periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines or uneven terrain.
- Must be physically fit to perform job functions adequately as dictated by occupational health.
- Be able to hear and understand at normal range levels.
- May be required to use vehicles in the performance of duties. Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, and ambulances
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams. 6. Examine patients’ medical records
- Prepare patients for treatment
- Check teeth, gums and other parts of the mouth, along with X-rays and tests, to diagnose dental problems
- Prescribe medication as needed
- Educate patients on proper brushing techniques, flossing and fluoride use 11. Promote good oral health and preventive dental care (e.g. by scheduling regular check-ups)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) or similar degree that gives license to practice the dentist profession
- BLS, ACLS and ITLS training will be added advantage.