The Centre for Water Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy Futures (WISE-Futures) at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) is one of the Eastern and Southern Africa Centers of Excellence (ACE II) to strengthen African higher education institutions to deliver quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity in the regional priority areas.
The WISE – Futures Centre aspires:
- To provide excellent learning environment for training top-notched Masters and PhD graduates specializing in water, sanitation and energy related fields;
- To provide a stimulating research environment for early career researchers to enable them contribute to solving pressing societal problems related to water, sanitation and energy;
- To strengthen regional and international research collaboration in order to promote the development of cutting edge solutions to water, sanitation and energy challenges in the region; and
- To promote inclusive socio-economic transformation in the region by turning research findings into usable and accessible products for the benefits of society, and industry, and the sustainability of the environment. NM-AIST collaborates with a wide range of national, regional and international partners, and other Centers of Excellence in the Region.
The NM-AIST invites applications from suitably skilled, competent, and experienced Tanzanians for the following vacant posts at the WISE-Futures Centre:
Driver (2 Posts):
- Qualifications, Knowledge and Essential Attributes:
- Holder of Form Four Secondary Education with passes in Kiswahili or English with at least Trade Test Grade II/Drivers Grade II certificate from a recognized Institution. Must have a valid Class ‘‘C’’ Driving License;
- Below 45 years of age;
- Very good in English and Kiswahili oral and written communication skills; and
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Driving Project/Institutional vehicle(s) and maintaining logbooks;
- Responsible for safe-keeping of the vehicle and its tools;
- Maintains disciplined behaviour and proper conduct in rendering services to his/her officers;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle and tools;
- Reporting promptly any defect or problems detected in the vehicle;
- Prepare and timely submit vehicle report in regard to fuel consumption, general vehicle usage or any adverse observation of vehicle;
- Performs mesenterial Duties and Responsibilities such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents; and
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Duration of the position:
- Full time two years contract, with a probation period of six months. The position is renewal subject to satisfactory performance. Maximum duration is two (2) years but this may be extended subject to availability of funding.
- Gross Monthly Salary $466.90.
- WISE-Futures, Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology [NMAIST], Tengeru – Arusha, Tanzania.
- Centre Leader / Deputy Centre Leader/Centre Manager
Mode of Application:
Eligible candidates possessing the above qualifications and attributes are advised to submit their applications including the following:
- A cover letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation,
- Most recent Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and academic transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from two professional referees
- Contact details: Telephone, E-mail and Postal Address
- Individuals currently employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their employers
Deadline for application:
Deadline for application is 30th May 2020. Recruitment will be as soon as possible.
Applications should be sent by either e-mail or via post address and should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor-Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
E-mail: [email protected]
Please mention the position in the e-mail header or on the envelope.
Note: Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses/e-mails/phones.