UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM CENTRE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE STUDIESINSTITUTE OF RESOURCE ASSESSMENT
POST TITLE : Driver
ORGANISATIONAL UNIT : University of Dar es Salaam, Centre for Climate Change Studies
DUTY STATION : Dar es Salaam
The Centre for Climate Change Studies (CCCS) of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is a multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary Centre for Climate Change related issues. The Centre functions range from Academic and Professional Training, Basic and Applied Research as well as Outreach Programmes. The Centre addresses these pertinent issues through collaborations with Local and International partners.
The Centre seeks to employ a Driver to support the implementation of the day-to-day activities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure the provision of reliable and safe driving service of the Institute/ Unit vehicle;
- To ensure the availability and maintenance and keep up-to-date all the required documents as logbooks, vehicle insurance and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- To ensure the safety of passenger(s) during driving;
- Responsible for safe-keeping and cleanliness of the vehicle and its tools entrusted to him/ her;
- To keep motor vehicle (s) in good running conditions and reports immediately faults and defects to the Transport Officer;
- Maintain disciplined behavior, smartness and proper conduct in rendering services to his/ her assignees;
- To adhere to vehicle maintenance schedules;
- To perform messenger duties and responsibilities such as dispatching documents/ letters, collecting mail and photocopying documents;
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned to him/her by one’s Reporting Officer or his Designate.
- Will be based in Dar es Salaam at the Centre for Climate Change Studies.
- May require 20% of travelling.
- Work on a full-time basis.
- Holder of Form Four (IV) Certificate of Secondary Education (“O” Level) with PASSES in Kiswahili and English plus a Basic Driving course certificate from VETA or other recognized College;
- Must have a valid Driving License in Class “E” or “C1”;
- Possession of Trade Test Grade II, CBET II and Advanced Driver Course Grade II from recognized Institutions such as NIT or VETA;
- Possession of a VIP Certificate will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of working experience as a Driver;
- Professional work ethics, including efficiency and punctuality;
- Safe driving record;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Possess good writing and verbal communication skills.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right Candidate commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience in accordance with Government circulars and directives.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
One-year contract with the possibility of extension; subject to candidate’s performance and availability of funds.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the Undersigned enclosing:
- Signed Application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees; and
- Mode of communication, e.g. telephone, e-mail, fax etc.
- Recent two (2) Passport Size Photos.
- Applicants currently employed in the Public Service should channel their application letters through their respective Employer;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview;
- Incomplete applications will not be processed;
- A signed application letter should be written in either Swahili or English and addressed to Deputy Vice Chancellor – Planning, Finance and Administration, P. O. Box 35091, University of Dar es Salaam.
All applications must be sent via mailbox [email protected] with the subject titled
‘Application for Driver Position’. Submission of hardcopies will result in disqualification.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 January 2023.
- Total Jobs 159 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam