Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Iringa Municipality for enhancing their health and quality of life. In order to achieve the compact objectives, IRUWASA now seeks applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following positions: –
DRIVER GRADE II – (2 POSTS)
The successful candidates will report to the Head of Administration Section
Duties and Responsibilities
- To check the functioning of the vehicle engine and other accessories before driving.
- To drive properly any type of vehicle being assigned.
- To ensure that the vehicle assigned to him/her is always clean, in good running condition and is parked at a safe authorised place with all the tools entrusted to him/her.
- To undertake vehicle services as scheduled.
- To report without delay any detected fault or defect on the motor vehicle.
- To certify that repairs and maintenance carried out on the vehicle are of adequate standards.
- To make sure that the vehicle is used only on assigned duties and keeps log book and time when he/she is on duty.
- To ensure that the vehicle is always having necessary items as required by Law,including valid insurance cover, fire guard/ extinguisher, triangle, first aid kit etc.
- To maintain disciplined behaviour and proper conduct in rendering services to his/her officers and other employees in general.
Academic Qualifications,Working Experience and Age Limit
- Holder of Form IV or VI Certificate.
- A valid class “C” driving license issued by relevant Authority.
- The person must have driving training certificate from National Institute of Transport (NIT).
- Possession of Trade Test Grade II in Motor Mechanics from the Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA), Chuo Cha Ujenzi or National Institute of Transport will be an added advantage.
- The person must have at least one year working experience.
- Age limit between 25 and 35 years.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale : IWAS 1
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 24th October, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 570, IRINGA.
NOTE:WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!