TITLE: Drivers (4 posts)
DEPARTMENT: Americares Tanzania
REPORTS TO: Human Resources and Logistics Officer with dotted lines to program officers
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Mwanza and Shinyanga Tanzania
LENGTH: Project funded until June 30th, 2023
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading non-profit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About the Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) project:
The Americares Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) is a 5-year project (2020-2025) funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with the aim to contribute to reducing mortality and morbidity among mothers and their children through improved community-based health care. The USAID CPRC project (USAID UZAZI STAHA in Swahili) provides strategic technical assistance at the national, regional and council levels to improve the quality and uptake of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), family planning (FP), and nutrition services, as well as strengthen respectful maternity care in Tanzania. Americares Tanzania works with Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) in the implementation of the USAID CPRC project in the Mwanza Region.
COVID-19 Vaccination Support: Through the U.S. Government’s Initiative for Global Vaccine Access (Global VAX), USAID and other U.S. government agencies (e.g. CDC) are supporting Tanzania in reaching 70 percent of the eligible population with the COVID-19 vaccination. Through the CPRC project, USAID is supporting interventions to accelerate the uptake of COVID-19 vaccination in Mwanza and Shinyanga regions through social behavior change (SBC) and community outreach. The CPRC project will leverage its RMNCAH activities and relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen vaccination demand, community mobilization, service delivery and COVID-19 data management efforts in line with Tanzania’s Phase II acceleration plan and in close partnership with CDC vaccination service delivery support partners in the two regions. CPRC will use a ‘community scorecard’ approach for identifying barriers around COVID-19 vaccine uptake and creating locally driven solutions for combating vaccine hesitancy and misinformation and strengthening linkages between facility and community health services. Americares/CPRC will engage civil society organizations (CSOs) for grassroots-level mobilization and reach in the roll-out of interventions.
Drivers will drive project vehicles and support logistics for the CPRC Global Vax project implementation. They will support project team to ensure they have safe and convenient transportation during their daily implementation of the project.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Drive vehicle for official travels as guided
– Act as primary driver to pick up, drop off, and transport Americares staff throughout project covered regions, other regions for various project related official activities in Tanzania.
– Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
– Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
– Provide administrative and logistic support to the field activities like attendance registration, meeting venue set up, photocopying, delivery and collection of mail, documents etc.
– Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the United Republic of Tanzania.
– Apply additional caution for safety of themselves, Americares staff, and other drivers on the road.
– Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered, including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
– Alcohol must not be consumed or kept or stored in the vehicle whilst on duty.
– Ensure the vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
– Assist with loading and unloading of materials in vehicle, keep vehicle secured at all times.
– Ensure the vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
– Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
– Take account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations. (including current radio news on traffic conditions) on daily basis
– Keep an accurate schedule of driving assignments and arrive on time for pick-ups and drop offs
– In case of accident or other incident occurs, follow Americares safety protocol and insurance policies and procedures.
– Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month.
– Assist the HR and Logistics Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration are updated according to schedule. Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
– Valid driver’s license class C with satisfactory good driving records
– Certificate of secondary education is a must.
– At least 5 years of experience driving in and throughout Tanzania, and preferably in driving USAID funded projects vehicles.
– Experience driving manual, large sports utility vehicles or similar
– Certificate for Advanced VIP Drivers course Grade Two and Certificates for Motor Vehicle Mechanics grade 1-3 will be added advantage.
– Ability to adapt to last minute scheduling changes, roadblocks, and changing needs throughout the shift
– Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Foster Americares values of collaborative, accountable, responsive and effective.
– Support staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
– Support the team to increase team operating performance.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant should please submit the following items in an expression of interest to Americares:
– Curriculum vitae or resume that clearly spell out qualifications, experience, and 3 references.
– Cover letter highlighting interest in the position and relevant skills
– Academic credentials
Deadline for submission: 10th July 2022
Submissions should be sent to: Americares recruitment portal link provided.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
As a global health organization, we are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our staff, partners, and visitors. All Americares staff and visitors who are on-site at any of our locations or will be traveling for work are required to be fully vaccinated (which includes a booster, when eligible) against COVID-19 unless an exemption required by law is applicable.
Americares is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
- Total Jobs 32 Jobs
- Location Mwanza