Background – ETDCO
M/S Electrical Transmission and Distribution Construction and Maintenance Company (ETDCO) Limited) is a Subsidiary Company of TANESCO Limited established with the Objective of providing reliable electrical services for the TANESCO Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure countrywide and construction of new infrastructure for TANESCO and other companies within the country and beyond the borders. ETDCO Limited hereby invites Internal and External Applicants who are qualified, self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post and to work for the duration of one year.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must possess the following:
- Good qualification from recognized Learning Institution
- Good reference that can demonstrate highest degree of integrity
Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, creative and innovative
- Good team player
- Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Ability to operate large trucks with crane
- Ability to recognize and diagnose assigned vehicle maintenance needs
- Ability to drive passenger vehicles safely and appropriately
1 DRIVERS- ( 2 POST ) REPORT TO .TRANSPORT OFFICER COMPANY; ETDCO LIMITED
SCOPE OF WORK:
Driving Company vehicles (with staff)on official duties and maintaining the Company vehicles in line with Company rules and regulations and road traffic instructions and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- During work time and while driving company vehicle, adhere to Company Transport Policy, Rules and Procedures and maintaining discipline to road traffic laws, rules and
- Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner to ensure the vehicle is on road at all times when required
- Records all routes in a log book in order to monitor fuel consumption,
- Keeps the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by management;
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required;
- Fuel the assigned vehicle(s)
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Genuine Form IV or VI Academic Secondary School’s Certificate,
- Driving Certificates from NIT & VETA
- Driving License class “C, C1, C2, C3, D and E”.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience of proven continuous driving
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade I – III
- Certificate of competence from (NIT/VETA)
ETDCO Limited wishes to recruit competent persons with high values of integrity and honesty to work with the Company for the duration of one year, solicitation for favors will lead to disqualification of job aspirants.
The deadline for submission of applications is 12thApril, 2018
Applications must be addressed to:
The, GENERAL MANAGER, ETDCO LIMITED
P. O BOX 31532, DARES SALAAM
REGENT ESTATE, URSINO HOUSE 21 – MWAI KIBAKI ROAD
Source: Daily News March 28,2018