Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) to facilitate the provision of social services in Tanzania. CSSC supports Church institutions to deliver quality social services to all the people regardless of colour, race and faith; and also promotes expansion of health, education and other social services all over Tanzania.
The position is found at the CSSC Head Office under the Supervision of Director of Education Services. To ensure that the Department contribute to the improvement of accessibility and quality of education in the Churches and Public in general by engaging in dialogue with Key Stakeholders in education ensuring that appropriate policies, laws and directives are in place and initiating and implementing programmes.
• Ensure the Policy Unit participate effectively or initiate dialogue the formulation of national education policies, laws and directives
• Monitor and provide reports on effectiveness and the adherence of the stakeholders’’ i.e Government and Church Institutions to the policies, laws and directives
• Ensure that the Policy Unit provides technical support to the Churches and Facilities
• Engage in preparation and implementation of the Strategic Plan, quarterly, semi and annual plans, budget and reports
• Ensure that Staff Appraisal is undertaken in the Policy Unit and Report (s) is /are submitted to the Director of Education Services
• Ensure that all relevant data on provision of education services are in place and updated from time to time
• Ensure that all necessary documents are available from the right sources
• Oversees day to day operations in the unit and working under limited supervision
• Cary out other related functions as the Director of Education Services prescribe and guide
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written / verbal communication skills, including in cross-cultural settings.
- To work collaboratively and Independently
- To Multitask under strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
- Engaged in strategic, creative, and conceptual/theoretical thinking
- Flexibility, patience, dedication and creativity.
- Ability to travel within rural Tanzania approximately 50 – 60% of the time.
- 25% will be spent performing other duties including field report writing, or other assignments from the supervisor.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Education Sector on policy issues, with specific relevant experience in Secondary and higher education systems
- Relevant experience in education planning and Education policy development at ministerial level
- Experience in the management and implementation of projects in Education Sector
- Good Understanding of Tanzania Education systems, in particular of wide sector reform processes
- Strong Analytical mindset, able to deconstruct large and complex education policies into clear and actionable strategies and initiatives.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili as well as proficiency in English.
- Excellent writing skills, experience drafting reports necessary.
- Computer literate (particularly in excel, MS word, PowerPoint and email).
Bachelor degree in Education, political science or any other relevant course. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a hardcopy of their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae, including copies of certificates, three references (with daytime telephone numbers) to:
Christian social services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd
P. O. Box 9433
DAR ES SALAAM
The closing date for applications is 5th November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.