North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (01) Electrical Foreman to join Mining Underground Team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The role will report to Underground Fixed Plant Superintendent.
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Provide strong direction and leadership to Mining Underground electricians, in order to develop high performance culture. Efficiently and effectively manage the allocation of resources to deliver safety, production and cost objectives.
- Ensure Underground electrical workers and contractors working under direct control comply with Tanzanian electrical regulations, Barrick’s electrical standards, procedures and policies for site.
- Overseeing Mining Underground electrical team working on general surface and underground equipment. This work includes the installation and maintenance of fixed and mobile equipment, high voltage electrical work and the operation of associated mobile equipment.
- Oversee a team of qualified electricians.
- Performance management and task delegation.
- Achieves safe, timely and cost effective electrical installation and maintenance.
- Conduct regular workplace inspections, observations for safety compliance.
- Ensure electrical installation, removals & maintenance is performed to Barrick’s site standard and Tanzanian electrical regulations.
- Ensure all statutory work is completed and maintain appropriate records.
- Collaborate with planners to ensure preventative maintenance strategies deliver high levels of reliability.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, or Trade certificate with equivalent appropriate experience.
- Extensive experience with:
- HV/LV Electric Motors/Transformers/Statcoms
- HV/LV switching and control systems
- HV/LV cable jointing, terminations
- Excellent knowledge of High/Low Voltage systems and Switchgear complete with protections.
- Standby Generators/Power Systems
- Reading Electrical drawings (Schematic and Single Line Diagrams)
- Exceptional skills in field Electrical maintenance, fault-finding and troubleshooting.
- Installations, calibrating and maintaining all instrumentation, HMI, PLC, SCADA on CAF plants, batch plants, Paste plant, power generation.
- Minearc maintenance & inspections
- High voltage switching certificate
- Instrumentation qualification/experience
- RCT teleremote qualification/experience
- Minearc qualification/experience
- Sandvik Drills, Jumbo, Solo, Cubex
- Underground mechanized mining, Conveyor systems, Pump stations, Compressors, Transformers, Motors, Soft Starters, Variable Speed Drives.
- Knowledge of Tanzanian electrical regulations and Australian Electrical Standards.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, Pronto/SAP Autosketch/Autocad.
- Underground / Surface Mining industry experience.
- Processing plant experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as electrical foreman or leading hand.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Team player able to work with expats/nationals.
- Bold Initiative and decision maker.
- Safety conscious mindset.
- Upholding quality and safety standards.
- LV Driving license and good driving skills.
- Very good communicator with strong leadership skills.
- Methodical, organized and able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good time management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a safe, timely and professional fashion.
- Ability to perceive risks and prevent hazardous situations or circumstances before they occur.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28TH OCTOBER 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.