The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
Post : ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
Location : Unguja 1
Maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures in accordance with relevant codes.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from any recognized University.
Key skills and Competencies:
- experience in the Electrical maintenance
- maintaining professional certificates and registration will be added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembling, evaluating, testing, and maintaining the bank’s electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning the bank’s electrical equipment, appliances, and devices
- Constructing and fabricating the bank’s electrical parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting the bank’s electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics
- Advising management of the bank on continued use of unsuitable equipment, appliances, and apparatus
- Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment
- Evaluating the Bank’s Electric systems’ safety, reliability, and performance
- Install, maintain and repair the bank’s electrical control, wiring and lighting system
- Perform general electrical maintenance of the bank
- Performing any other duties to be assigned by his/her supervisor
Terms of Service
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable)
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020